Thursday, January 12, 2012

GREEK SALAD...OH MY!!!

In hopes of eatting healthier and adding a variety of salads to my familys' dinner menu, I decided to make my very own Greek Salad last week....one of our favs! I used the following ingredients but feel free to add or omit what you like.

Ingredients:
  • a mix of lettuce (romaine hearts and a bag of mixed greens from Dole)
  • green bell pepper
  • kalamata olives (pitted)
  • red onion
  • grape tomatoes
  • cucumber
  • feta cheese w/ sundried tomatoe and basil
  • Greek dressing
  • gyro (lamb and beef mix) meat from local greek restaurant (Greek to Me)
  • pita
I just rinsed and chopped up all the veggies, drizzled the dressing over the salad and topped it off with feta cheese! Oh...I almost forgot...I wrapped the pita in a paper towel and warmed in the microwave for about 15 seconds!!!! As my girl Rachel Ray would say,,,it was 'YUMMO'!


Sally's Greek salad



If any of you make this salad let me know what you think as well as your variations and versions of this tasty salad!!

Until the next time!

~Sally Mae~

No comments:

Post a Comment